Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Spring!

Cameron and I just got back from the Poultry show in Monroe.. The show was held at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds over the weekend. Beautiful weather, great friends who love birds-who could ask for a better weekend? :) Cameron did ok--he made it into the last 4 kids being asked questions in Showmanship--which is more than he has ever done, so he felt pretty good about that. He also won a special with our frizzle cochin hen... "Best Frizzle by a Youth".... and most exciting for both of us was the interest people had in the ducks -- they are such a pretty color, I was happy to talk to folks about them. Although, Cameron still only goes to the shows with me begrudgingly; I keep telling him, he will look back with fond memories. He just rolls his eyes. I do think Showmanship builds confidence, so we are sticking with it like it or not! lol! He is also pretty good about getting the chickens and ducks ready for the shows, and I think he is learning a lot of responsibilities there too. Anyway.. it's also time to get garden stuff going. Our friend Jack gave us some seeds from his Very Delicious Kale, I can't wait for that stuff to come up! I noticed little baby snow peas juuuust starting to peek out of the soil this weekend too. With Daffodils, hyacinths, and cherry trees blooming~it smells like Spring outside! yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment