Thursday, September 29, 2011

ACK! MOLT!

Voltron II has decided his old feathers must go. Unfortunately he was a major part of my entry to the CrossRoads of America Poultry Show in INDIANA~ dang dang dang. I would enter his brother ~ Henry ~ but Henry has been busy messin' around in the dirt and grass, breaking his beautiful foot feathering. I had put Voltron up off the ground on deep shavings (something I really really don't like doing...) in an effort to preserve those delicate feathers for this particular show. This show...It's a Big Deal. aw well.
I do still have a trio of the Calls going anyways.


Look how pretty we are staying!

We are hanging on to OUR feathers, why can't Voltron??

Molt Happens.... at seriously inopportune times.


2 comments:

  1. No kidding! I keep looking for dead bodies after a serious feather drop! They always seem to happen overnight. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, is *that* why our backyard looks like a pillow fight? Can this happen even when they just did feather out for the first time?

    And I'm sorry about Voltron - that has to be so frustrating! Best of luck with the other three at the show :-).

    ReplyDelete